Martes, Hulyo 19, 2011

The RH Bill: The Influences of my Stand

          The RH Bill promotes a better state for the Philippines due to the current case of overpopulation. Overpopulation has caused many families into poverty, hunger and ignorance--these evident in many areas in the Philippines. Large rates of Filipinos in the country are greatly affected by poverty. They lack education; they are in lack of responsibility and knowledge of the outcomes that may come of their actions. The RH Bill simply mends this issue for the betterment of the country and its people.
In the country today, there is an ongoing argument regarding the passing of the RH Bill. Most people outside the relations of the church approve of this bill while the church is otherwise. The people involved in the Pro-RH Bill states that if this bill would be passed, it will grant the Philippines a better society. There would be an avoidance of overpopulation and irresponsibility among Filipinos—this according to the many contents of the RH Bill.

          I am Pro-RH Bill. I have seen the state of the Philippines and I believe that the passing of the RH Bill would somehow make the country’s condition progress. Overpopulation and the widespread of impecunious Filipinos are few of the many social issues that are present today. I am concerned as well with regards to the health and lifestyle of those Filipinos who are and will be sexually active. Furthermore, my beliefs are strongly influenced by prominent people in the country and by the people who are near me.  

          According to Section 2 of the House Bill No. 5043, also known as the RH Bill, “The State upholds and promotes responsible parenthood, informed choice, birth spacing and respect for life in conformity with internationally recognized human rights standards.

          The State shall uphold the right of the people, particularly women and their organizations, to effective and reasonable participation in the formulation and implementation of the declared policy.
This policy is anchored on the rationale that sustainable human development is better assured with a manageable population of healthy, educated and productive citizens.

          The State likewise guarantees universal access to medically safe, legal, affordable and quality reproductive health care services, methods, devices, supplies and relevant information thereon even as it prioritizes the needs of women and children, among other underprivileged sectors.” This proves only the factors that would benefit the country’s rise to its improvement. The implementation of this bill would be beneficial to the country because of the many problems it is facing today; the country is truly in need of help and cooperation among its people in able to attain a finer nation. This section of the bill has influenced my stand through the tackling and study of the RH Bill during a point in time in my high school—there I developed a better understanding of the issues in the Philippines and the role of the RH Bill on it.

          People of influence such as Edcel Lagman and President Noynoy Aquino are for the bill. “The bill will promote sustainable human development. The UN stated in 2002 ‘family planning and reproductive health are essential to reducing poverty.’ The UNICEF also asserts ‘family planning could bring more benefits to more people at less cost than any other single technology now available to the human race”(Lagman, 2008). As to what I have said earlier, poverty is prevalent in the Philippines today; one way of mending this social issue is through the passage of the RH Bill. Meanwhile, President Noynoy Aquino is being attacked and threatened by the Church for supporting the RH Bill. He then stated, "I’m a Catholic, I’m not promoting it. My position is more aptly called responsible parenthood rather than reproductive health." I agree with his statement because there are many Filipino families these days that are not able to provide for themselves due to their lack of knowledge regarding responsible parenthood. I believe that the Church interferes too much on the passage of the RH Bill. They must open their minds to the reality in which the Philippines is going through today; the Philippines is in dire need of reform in order to obtain an improved country. The mere fact the many Filipinos are unaware with regards to sex education gives the implication that Filipinos are unable to give themselves a healthy and safe lifestyle that involves sex.

          Moving on, as I have said in the beginning of my paper, people close to me have influenced my stand on the RH Bill. These people are the people I am with everyday. As the issue continues on to its purpose, it has been the topic in my household for a very long time. There are instances in which my mother and my sisters would talk about the pros of the RH Bill for hours and this added to my support for the RH Bill.

           My mother, who has influenced me in so many ways since birth, is for the RH Bill. She agrees on what most people say that the country is overpopulated. She also believes that in time, the government would not be able to sustain the poverty-stricken families due to their population. I saw eventually what she meant; the government would be able to accommodate most of the people in need and it will be easier for them and no one would be left out.

          Simultaneously, my sisters say that if the bill would be passed, there would be less ignorance and informal settlers. Likewise, they said that if the stand of the church was to be Pro-Life, then why would they not let the passing of the bill when there are children in the streets dying of hunger and decent shelter. I considered their ideas as part of my stand on the bill. If the bill should be passed, fewer children in the Philippines would die of hunger and shelter; less people in the Philippines would encounter the hardships of poverty and death due to poverty.

          My ideas and beliefs come from those people who have great influence on me. Also, as a Filipino, I am only stating and standing up for what I believe that is good to my country and people. I consider the RH Bill as something that would help the Filipinos grow and improve the country’s order and state. 


-tapiocagirl

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento