Miyerkules, Hulyo 20, 2011

Reproductive Health Bill: A Simple Point to which Filipino couldn’t Digest.

R.H. bill, also known as Reproductive Health Bill has been pushed by people of different hierarchies for different reasons such as, political and economical purposes. It made everyone come to their senses that our very own motherland, Philippines has long been losing its resources and could worsen if these occurrences couldn’t be solved. I’m going to give different stands from different individual/groups that made me understood the true essence of this bill and its implementation that made my stand as it is today.
First and foremost, my religion matter the most in shaping me as an individual. It taught me how to manage myself not just physically, but as well as spiritually. As this ever-debatable bill occurs, Bible and Philosophy also starts to interfere with one another. Catholicism is against the bill and would do everything to destroy its image to the Philippine mass, while Politicians care about the welfare of Filipinos, and how our country’s image is affected, as well as how it affects our society in general. Meanwhile, my religion I.N.C. (Iglesia Ni Cristo) is in favor with what the bill seems to exploit, not just about engaging in sexual intercourses, but the bill also provides important information’s about how to prevent getting pregnant and having to engage in Family-planning.
Second, my parents, well-known for not just being the: “haligi ng tahanan and ilaw ng tahanan”, but as well as the lawmakers in our home. Seriously, they are pro’s for this bill, because obviously they made use of contraceptives and family planning. They are also aware of the social stability, and poverty that is rampant in our nation these days. And chose to take their stand for the betterment of Filipinos whose needs are more than what they are paid for. I believe in what my parents are fighting for, they cradled me for my whole existence, and never failed to choose what’s best for my interests. They are also businessmen, so they know how their employees do the everyday grinding work. These employees of them, were the products of Poverty and that the bill should cut this routine of ours.
Third is what I consider my society and community, the homo’s which recently Dionisia Pacquiao insulted and oppressed in her statements, urging the gay community to fight back in their most polite manner, where Candelario (a gay representative) pointed out that being gay and taking contraceptives isn’t a demonic thing for our society. A conclusion for this is that people shouldn’t carelessly give their comments like what the evil witch said, and that we should always take account of what our perception and how to manage our stand without hurting others about the topic. The Homo society just wants freedom, respect, and equal-rights, a word and a concept that many of us toss about without much thought, which is really a simple act of understanding, but because of different factors it was kept obscured and was dominated by the first and second sexes.
Fourth is The Media men, they’ve change the face our society and how should people think of their stand in this Bill, they’ve encourage people to become a pro or a con in this topic, thru their advertisements and mass communication. They intensified the fight for this bill and were given the opportunity to let our community hear its people.
And lastly my friends, who have the same thinking as I am. PRO and not a CON. Basically, what I am really imposing in this whole thought is that we have the freedom to choose what is good and bad, and what choices will suite us the best. As a college student we don’t have much of an idea in this topic, unlike our parents, and grandparents, etc.  What we have is just a fraction of insights, but is legible enough to be understood. We are still young, and we want things to be in perfect places, just like a dream where culture, tradition, ideas, beliefs, etc., doesn’t exist hence a utopia for someone who likes freedom.
I generated my beliefs from different people, peers, and society which contributed much of what my statements is, and who shaped my thinking for the last sixteen years. Through these experiences I’ve learned to accept people’s thoughts and interests and application of different thought around me. My mom uses contraceptives and God didn’t even sue her for that, so that technically means no other people could stop us from doing what’s best for us in the most legal form of way. Also, Media played a big part in my generation of this thoughts, I’ve understand that The Reproductive Health bill would be essential in helping our community to dilate its concentration in our over-populated area, thru the program and educational services it could provide to Filipinos. The worst part is that with this never-ending poverty a good education couldn’t be attained by modest income families, In addition to this topic, the intervention of the Church really affects how devoted catholic’s (which is locally 85 percent of our population) think and act in this form of issue, in this way they could have a big impact in how their society propel in decision-makings and how to ingest the thought which the Bill is exploiting.
I’ve read my statements three times, and came to an understanding, that what my stand implies was solidified by the people of different ages that surrounds me, and that it was all my characteristics that encapsulates the whole thing. It’s my core belief that made those decisions heard and known. I always wanted to have an absolute freedom and equal-rights, that’s why no matter how people injects things that will destroy my whole concept of life, could not put my guards down, not that I’m close-minded, it’s just that those things were for me the fundamentals of achieving and understanding the process of how people can be a citizen of his/her own motherland.



                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                       -COBUS,

 



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento